|Berrien County Probate Court|
1st floor of Administration Building
|Weapons Permit Information|
|201 North Davis Street – Room 175|
Nashville, Georgia 31639
|Phone (229) 686-5213
Fax (229) 686-9495
|BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR A WEAPON CARRY LICENSE:
Applicant must be not less than 21 years of age UNLESS he or she:
Is at least 18 years of age; and
Provides proof that he or she has completed basic training in the armed forces of the United States; and
Provides proof that he or she is actively serving in the armed forces of the United States or has been honorably discharged from such service;
Applicant must be a resident of Berrien County
Applicant who is not a citizen of the United States must provide proof of legal presence in the U.S.
Naturalized citizens of the United States must provide naturalization certificate and original INS number
Applicants who were born outside the United States must bring a certified birth certificate or a passport showing the country of birth
Applicant must provide picture I.D. and proof of residence in Berrien County if your current address does not match the address listed on your picture I.D.
Applicant must not currently be on probation for any offense
Applicant must be fingerprinted and submit to a criminal and mental health records check
Applicant must not have any legal disqualification to receipt of the license
*** WCL Renewal: Any application made prior to expiration of the license or within 30 days after expiration of the license. Fingerprinting is not required only name and identifier check will be performed.
|Fees, Costs and Procedure:
Weapons Carry License Application Fee: $71.00
Weapons Carry License Renewal Fee: $30.00
The fingerprinting fee has been waived by Sheriff Ray Paulk
· If an applicant’s Weapon Carry License is denied, they will not be provided a refund of any fees paid for the application process.
· If an applicant’s fingerprints are rejected as illegible by the GBI, the applicant must return for reprinting within 90 days.
· An applicant is allowed to pick up their Weapons Carry License to avoid delay in mailing.
· A lost or stolen license may be replaced upon payment of a fee. A sworn statement that the license has been lost or stolen is required; if the license was stolen, the theft must be reported to the law enforcement agency where the theft occurred.
· A determination of eligibility can only be made by the Judge of the Probate Court AFTER receipt of the required criminal and mental health records and immigrant alien inquiry, if applicable.
· COURT PERSONNEL CANNOT GIVE ADVICE OR OPINIONS CONCERNING YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION:
NOTE: Once you receive your confirmation number, you will print that page and bring it into our office to complete your application process.