BERRIEN COUNTY PROBATE COURT
COVID-19 / NOTICE UPDATE
Please call 229-686-5213 to make an appointment prior to your arrival to the Probate Court.
With the safety of the citizens and our staff in mind, the Court is requiring the following for your appointment:
- Until further notice, please bring a mask, scarf or bandana with you to cover your mouth and nose. However, you will be asked to remove said garment so that Court staff can capture your picture for your permit. Office staff will be covered for your protection as well.
- Your temperature will be checked at the door of the Courthouse (with a no contact thermometer). Anyone having a temperature of 100 degrees or over will be turned away and asked to reschedule their appointment. Please do not come to the Courthouse if you are sick.
- Do not bring additional family members with you. They will not be allowed in the Court and will be asked to remain in the lobby of the building.
- If you and your spouse want to apply and/or renew your weapons permit, each of you will need your own appointment.
- NO children will be permitted entry into the Court. NO exceptions.
- Prior to your arrival for a new permit or renewal, you will need to fill out and complete your application online at georgiaprobaterecords.com (Select weapons carry application). This will limit your exposure and time spent for processing. (If you have already completed the online application, there is no need to repeat this step.)
- We will continue to make appointments for Vital Records (Birth and/or Death Certificates).
- We will continue to make appointments for Marriage License. Prior to your arrival, you will need to fill out and complete your application online at georgiaprobaterecords.com (Select marriage application). This will limit your exposure and time spent for processing.
We will continue to make appointments for Inquiries and filings for Estates, Guardianship and Conservatorship for Minors and Adults, Mental Health and all other matters.
Please understand that the goal of the Berrien County Probate Court is to provide prompt and courteous
service to our customers while navigating a time that is foreign to us all. With that being said, please
exercise patience and understanding during this time. If you have any questions concerning the
requirements listed above, please call 229-686-5213 for assistance.
|Berrien County Probate Court
1st floor of Administration Building
|Weapons Permit Information
|201 North Davis Street – Room 175
Nashville, Georgia 31639
|Phone (229) 686-5213
Fax (229) 686-9495
|BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR A WEAPON CARRY LICENSE:
Applicant must be not less than 21 years of age UNLESS he or she:
Is at least 18 years of age; and
Provides proof that he or she has completed basic training in the armed forces of the United States; and
Provides proof that he or she is actively serving in the armed forces of the United States or has been honorably discharged from such service;
Applicant must be a resident of Berrien County
Applicant who is not a citizen of the United States must provide proof of legal presence in the U.S.
Naturalized citizens of the United States must provide naturalization certificate and original INS number
Applicants who were born outside the United States must bring a certified birth certificate or a passport showing the country of birth
Applicant must provide picture I.D. and proof of residence in Berrien County if your current address does not match the address listed on your picture I.D.
Applicant must not currently be on probation for any offense
Applicant must be fingerprinted and submit to a criminal and mental health records check
Applicant must not have any legal disqualification to receipt of the license
*** WCL Renewal: Any application made prior to expiration of the license or within 30 days after expiration of the license. Fingerprinting is not required only name and identifier check will be performed.
|Fees, Costs and Procedure:
Weapons Carry License Application Fee: $73.25
Weapons Carry License Renewal Fee: $30.00
The fingerprinting fee has been waived by Sheriff Ray Paulk
· If an applicant’s Weapon Carry License is denied, they will not be provided a refund of any fees paid for the application process.
· If an applicant’s fingerprints are rejected as illegible by the GBI, the applicant must return for reprinting within 90 days.
· An applicant is allowed to pick up their Weapons Carry License to avoid delay in mailing.
· A lost or stolen license may be replaced upon payment of a fee. A sworn statement that the license has been lost or stolen is required; if the license was stolen, the theft must be reported to the law enforcement agency where the theft occurred.
· A determination of eligibility can only be made by the Judge of the Probate Court AFTER receipt of the required criminal and mental health records and immigrant alien inquiry, if applicable.
· COURT PERSONNEL CANNOT GIVE ADVICE OR OPINIONS CONCERNING YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION:
NOTE: Once you receive your confirmation number, you will print that page and bring it into our office to complete your application process.